A well thought out backyard can be a huge factor when selling your home. It can influence the prospective buyers’ entire perception of the property. As such, a messy, overgrown yard can deter buyers and make a horrible first impression. In our latest blog, we have put together some ideas to make your yard a selling point, helping you to get the best return on your home.
Investing in a well-maintained and landscaped yard can significantly increase the value of your home by up to 15%. Additionally, if a potential buyer falls in love with your yard, it can add another 12% to the perceived value. So, it’s worth putting in the effort to make your yard look its best when you’re planning to sell your home. Consider implementing some landscaping ideas to help make your yard an appealing selling point.
Curb appeal is crucial when selling your the Bay Area home. First impressions matter, and a poorly maintained yard or worn-out exterior can turn potential buyers away before they even step inside. Remember that buyers are looking for a home they can envision themselves living in, and a messy exterior can make it hard for them to see the potential. Don’t let a lack of curb appeal prevent your home from selling!
- Add paint touch-ups as needed
- Add new fixtures, locks, and doormat
- Refresh mailbox with some paint and flowers planted around the base
- Trim back bushes and trees, and make sure all the weeds are pulled from the flower beds.
Make Them Feel At Home
The backyard of a home can be a major selling point, providing ample opportunity for entertaining and creating a space for loved ones to gather. By setting up designated areas, such as a seating area or outdoor kitchen, potential buyers can better envision themselves enjoying the space.
- Make sure there are multiple seating areas.
- Add some leisure items such as a hammock or fire pit
- A nice backyard can almost serve as an additional room. Make the grilling area into an outdoor kitchen.
During showings and open houses, be sure to highlight the backyard by creating a welcoming atmosphere, perhaps by grilling some burgers or setting out some refreshments, to help visitors feel at home and appreciate the full potential of the space.
A well-maintained yard can also create a positive first impression for potential buyers, setting the tone for the rest of the home tour. It’s a subtle yet effective way to make your property stand out in a competitive market. In addition, a clean and organized yard can also make your outdoor space look larger and more inviting, which can be a major selling point for families or those who love to entertain. So, don’t underestimate the power of a tidy yard in helping to sell your home quickly and at a good price!
- Power wash the sidewalk, porch, driveway, and any other exterior surface that needs it. A thorough cleaning can have the same effect as a fresh coat of paint, making everything look new and well-maintained.
- Give your lawn and garden some attention by pulling weeds, edging the lawn, and trimming back bushes and trees. A well-maintained yard can create a positive first impression and add value to your home.
- Declutter your outdoor space by removing any unnecessary items that may be an eyesore. Even if it’s something you use regularly, consider storing it away somewhere else until you sell your home.
- Wash the windows, inside and out, to make them sparkle and enhance the overall appeal of your home.
- Touch up any worn-out or chipped paint on the exterior of your home. This can make a huge difference in how potential buyers perceive the property.
- Repair any damages to the exterior of your home, such as steps, mailboxes, or fences. These small fixes can make a big impact on the overall impression of your home and increase its value.
When it comes to landscaping your yard for selling your the Bay Area home, it’s important to strike a balance between beauty and ease of maintenance. A yard that requires a lot of upkeep might deter potential buyers who don’t have the time or desire to take on a big landscaping project. Keeping it simple and clean can be just as effective, and it will make your home more attractive to a wider range of buyers.
- Be conscious of water usage, especially in dryer areas
- Don’t plant high maintenance vegetation
- Consider a rock garden, sand or gravel in one area of the yard
In addition, you should always keep your potential buyer in mind when making landscaping decisions. Consider what types of features or styles would appeal to them and enhance the overall aesthetic of your home.
If you’re looking to sell your the Bay Area home, we’re here to help with innovative and inspiring ideas to help make your property stand out in the market.